Wednesday, March 16, 2011

. . . first things first . . .

So since this whole "blogging" thing is fairly new to me, it might be a bumpy ride until I get the hang of it . . . i apologize in advance.  

My life has done a total 180 in the past 6 months.  I got engaged to the most wonderful man I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, I graduated from college, I passed my state board's for nursing, and I actually got a job!  I am now a full-fledged oncology nurse, which means I work strictly with cancer patients, and turns out I am actually quite good at it.  I work at NVCI (Nevada Cancer Institute) and it is by far the best place I have ever worked at.  I am learning more now then I ever learned in school and I really feel that I have found my "true calling".

Wedding plans . . . everyone asks about my wedding plans and truth be told, I haven't really done much planning.  My colors are dark burgundy and burnt orange.  I have my photographer picked out.  That is it.  Oh, and the date - October 15th.  It's a Saturday and I fully expect everyone to be there.  You have ample warning.  :)  I am finally getting started on planning so I will keep everyone posted. 

Now about school.  Oh how I miss school.  I am a nerd and I am completely okay with admitting that.  I know that a new job, planning a wedding, and graduate school seems like a very full plate so I have decided to postpone getting my Master's Degree until January of 2012.  I still need to do more research on worthy universities for my tuition and time, so if you know of any great Nursing Master's programs, I am open to suggestions.  I have a feeling I will be a lifelong student since I don't want to stop at 1 Master's Degree.  I will space them out though.  I'm hoping to finish graduate school before Luis and I start a family . . . and I'm sure he will be completely okay with that (babies F.R.E.A.K. him out.)

Well I can finally stop beating myself up about starting a blog that I have neglected ever since I created it.  Again, my apologies for the blandness.  It will get better, I promise.  And if not, you have my full approval to stop reading.  <3

1 comment:

  1. Very cute!! Love what you've done with it! Blogs are such a great way to keep family and friends updated on the goings-on in your life! Another cute background site that you can look at is: http://scrapgrounds.blogspot.com I love changing my background every month - and I always get mine from that site! :o)

    ReplyDelete